Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May 29, Chicago ... Final Thoughts,

While my body is physically in Chicago, my heart is still in Turkey! And I strongly believe its not just me that feels that way, but the same for the members of my group.

This was truly an amazing and life changing experience for everyone.  Despite the ups and downs, despite the bumps in the road, the stress and frustrations that went into planning for this educational project,  in the end it was all WORTH IT. I met 12 great people, I formed new friendships, I learned a lot about myself and others, and manged to fulfill a dream for a all 12 members of my group. Everyone on this trip regardless of being a student or faculty member had a compelling reason for wanting to go. I am very proud, happy, and honored that I was able to fulfill this dream and give this group an experience that will forever remain in their hearts and mind. I also hope that our experience will be an inspiration for other faculty members and OCC students to ponder.

Thank you my very dear, loyal and beloved students:

Eleanor Lyon
Amber Antus
Jawad Sayal
Tom Burns
Remon Aguib
Chis Evaoxiadis
Neil Chiisholm

 A special thank you to my dear colleagues

Nancy Ressler
Mary Ellen Lavin
Patti Interrante and her wonderful husband Razz Jenkins

A BIG thank you to our amazing guide Aysenur Coban, the tremendous support , organization/ planning by the Niagara Foundation, Chicago .

A sincere thank you to the President of Oakton Community College Peg Lee for her genuine support, guidance, and confidence in me.

Thank you for the support by my colleague and Dean of Division 4 Brad Wooten, to my Amazing Chair of the HPS department, colleague and dear friend Erick Mann.

And last but not least, a special thank you to the support of the VP of Academic Affairs Tom Hamel.

Thank you guys.

Until next time..... maybe a new adventure?????????

Dr. Sherbini

1 comment:

  1. What a trip! My thanks to all for putting up with me! I enjoyed the sights, sounds and smells of Turkey and found the people very warm and engaging. As soon as I get Tech Support (aka son Cuyler), I will post some pics on my FB page. Again, I enjoyed the trip and found many connections both of the mind and spirit in TURKEY...!
    Razz

    ReplyDelete